Cardone | Castillo Locorotondo DOP
Cardone family winery has become one of the oldest wineries in Puglia, thanks to its ability to combine the ancient heritage of regional winemaking tradition, passion and knowledge of the past combined with modern technology.
Since its beginning, Cardone has never lost track of its main objective: to produce wines, from both local and international varieties of grapes, which represent the quality of a territory. And so, from the Locorotondo to the Negroamaro, from Pinot Noir to Chardonnay, wines by Cardone are the natural fruit of the earth/land. The production of Cardone wines is deliberately limited to ensure maximum quality through inspections and experimentation affecting the whole process, from picking to bottling.
- Area of production: Locorotondo.
- Grape variety: Verdeca, Bianco d’Alessano, Fiano.
- Maturation period: late September.
- Maximum production per hectare: kg. 8.000 grapes.
- Vinification and fining: crushing and soft pressing of the mash. Natural must clarification.
- Fermentation: at controlled temperature (18-20°C); ageing in steel vats.
- Colour: straw yellow.
- Nose: fruity with notes of citrus fruits and bitter almonds.
- Taste: fresh and well-balanced, with notes of citrus fruits and green apples.
- Serving temperature: 8-10°C.
- Serving suggestions: perfect aperitif, or to accompany fish and light dishes.