Cardone | Dione Salento IGP
Available on backorder
Cardone has become one of the oldest wineries in Puglia, thanks to its ability to combine the ancient heritage of regional winemaking tradition, passion and knowledge of the past combined with modern technology.
Salento IGP Negroamaro
Since its beginning, Cardone has never lost track of its main objective: to produce wines, from both local and international varieties of grapes, which represent the quality of a territory. And so, from the Locorotondo to the Negroamaro, from Pinot Noir to Chardonnay, wines by Cardone are the natural fruit of the earth/land. The production of Cardone wines is deliberately limited to ensure maximum quality through inspections and experimentation affecting the whole process, from picking to bottling.
- Area of production: Apulia, Salento area.
- Grape variety: Negroamaro.
- Maturation period: mid September.
- Maximum production per hectare: kg. 8.000/9.000 grapes.
- Vinification and fining: traditional red wine vinification at controlled temperature (26-28°C). Maceration until the end of the alcoholic fermentation process (12/15 days). Ageing in steel vats.
- Colour: intense ruby red with garnet reflexes.
- Nose: intense, fresh, persistent, delicate with a scent of fruit.
- Taste: full and mouth-filling with scents of soft fruits and spices.
- Serving temperature: 18-20°C.
- Serving suggestions: excellent as meditation wine or matched with some cheeses and important meat important meat dishes.